When it comes to 3D printing technology, there are so many possibilities to come up with some great items for a variety of reasons. If you’re into collectibles, this is a great way to set something up you can call your own.
If you’re into using the printer to create objects that are useful to you, the beauty of it is you can do it your way. However you want it, large or small, you can set something up for yourself that’s perfect just for you.
For example, if you spend a great deal of time at a desk, whether it is for schooling reasons or work-related, keeping your collection of pens organized is one good way to make sure you have what you need all in one place instead of scattered about.
There is also another type of pen holder, one that holds the writing tool in place so you can use it to draw out a line or schematic, based on whatever project you’re taking on. Construction workers use such tools when the need for precision is required, especially when it comes to cutting something.
These pen and pencil holder plans will organize your desk, stretch your 3D printing skills, and even be great 3D printed stocking stuffers.
Fun 3D Printed Pen Holder Plans
1. 3-Way Fountain Pen & Ink Holder (designed by Ethan Huang)
This isn’t just a pen holder. It can also store either ink or a notepad, pending how you wish to use this as an organizer on your desk.
Source – My Mini Factory: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-3-way-fountain-pen-ink-holder-114045
2. Alfawise U20 Pen Holder (designed by Electronic Addict)
Sometimes, a pen holder is used to draw out a perfectly straight line and is measured accordingly in order to complete a project that requires precision.
Source – Cults 3D: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/tool/alfawise-u20-pen-holder-porte-stylo-pcb-plotting
3. Anet A8 and Tronxy p802ma Pen Holder PCB Plotter (designed by hansolouk)
Ideal for 3D printers.
Source – Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2829419
4. Awesome Carousel Pen Holder (designed by CGTrader)
Get it working and you have yourself a great desktop organizer that holds pens and more.
Source – CGTrader: https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/house/furniture/3d-printable-carrousel-pen-holder
5. Unique Drawing Robot Pen Holder- Arduino Uno + CNC Shield + GRBL (designed by henryarnold)
Once designed according to specifications, this is more than just a pen holder. It also draws out whatever you program it to do.
Source – Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2349232
6. Dual Color Pen Holder (designed by adylinn)
Holding two pens instead of just one. If you don’t have a flurry of pens, this is a simple enough design. Keep it by the phone so you can take messages if need be or wherever you feel best works for you.
Source – Pinshape: https://pinshape.com/items/45913-3d-printed-dual-color-pen-holder
7. Ear Pen Holder (designed by ramramram)
It’s cute and it does the job.
Source – Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4267667
7. Flower Pot Pen Holder (designed by CobaltWolf)
Source – Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4306561
8. Graphic Tablet Pen and Cable Box (designed by hoffmanjon)
This isn’t just a pen holder. It also works as a little storage box. If you have paperclips, tacks, or even a USB flash drive, this item would come in handy to keep them in a safe place.
3D printing pen holders are fun to make because they can be customized to match the needs of the person who is using it. They can be made out of a variety of materials and colors.
Source – Pinshape: https://pinshape.com/items/35269-3d-printed-graphic-tablet-pen-and-cable-box
9. Pen and Pencil Holder (designed by VG_ST_D)
Designed to be portable with a clip that can be attached to just about anything. For those on the go who are always in need of a writing tool, this is a great idea.
A 3D printing pen holder is a stand for pens or pencils that is created with a 3D printer. This holder provides a convenient way to store writing instruments while not taking up too much space on desks or tables.
These holders are often created in bright colors, which makes them easier to find when looking for one that has been misplaced.
Source – Printables: https://www.printables.com/en/model/89947-pen-and-pencil-holder
10. Pen Holder for Office (designed by STEV-o)
Hold more than just pens. As a desk organizer, it can really help you keep everything you need in order so they’re easy enough for you to find.
Source – Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1779319
11. Cool Pen of Doom Pen Holder (designed by Drubus)
If you have a pen that looks like a cannon, even better.
Source – Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3186840
12. Pen Phone and Keys Holder (designed by firashelou)
What a handy way to keep your most important items close to you, all organized in one spot.
Source – Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4685970
13. Springy Pen Holder for Monoprice Select Mini (designed by Elizabeth Greene)
Source – Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3067451
Tips & Tricks
3d printing a pen holder is a great way to add some personality to your desk. Not only can you choose the perfect color and style to match your decor, but you can also 3d print it in any shape or size you like.
Darth Vader Style
Plus, 3d printed pen holders make great gifts for friends and family (maybe even a 3D printed wedding favor).
So if you’re looking for a fun and unique way to spruce up your desk, 3d printing a pen holder is the way to go.
Quirky Baby Yoda Design
How to 3D print a pen holder
- Choose your 3d printer. Any 3d printer will do, but we recommend the MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer.
- Pick your pen holder design. There are plenty of great 3d printed pen holder designs out there, or you can design your own.
- 3D print your pen holder. Once you have your 3d printer and design, it’s time to 3d print your pen holder.
- Enjoy your new 3d printed pen holder!
Death Star Pen Holder
Benefits of pen holders:
- 3D printed pen holders make great gifts for friends and family.
- 3D printed pen holders can be customized to match your decor.
- 3D printed pen holders are a fun and unique way to spruce up your desk.
- 3D printed pen holders are a great way to practice your 3D printing skills.
What filament to use?
For 3D printing a pen holder, we recommend using PLA filament. PLA is a 3D printing filament made from renewable resources like corn starch and sugar cane.
PLA is a great choice for 3D printing because it is easy to use and produces high-quality prints.
It is also biodegradable, making it a more environmentally friendly option than other 3D printing filaments.
Now that you know how to 3d print a pen holder, what are you waiting for? Get out there and start 3d printing!