When it comes to 3D printing, did you ever think you could come up with your own lineup of jewelry? Thanks to the improvement of technology that has evolved 3D printers into valuable tools that can make just about anything your heart desires, if you ever opted to become a crafty jeweler, this is as good of a way to do it as any.
If you’re into bracelets, earrings, necklaces, rings, and even wristbands and frames for watches, the possibilities seem limitless.
For kicks, let’s get into necklaces. From charms to dog tags to lockets and even pendants, there are so many ideas to work with that it’s certain you can think up even more than what we’ve been able to come up with so far based on what we’ve found in our searches.
As for the actual necklaces themselves, there are a few listed as chokers and linked chains but are mostly objects that can be hung from any kind of necklace-related material you wish to go with. Those are easy enough to come by, as well as make.
3D Printed Necklace Projects
1. Buddy Snake (designed by Ctsevenson727)
Shaped like a snake, it can be made long enough to wrap around your neck like a necklace or around your wrist as a bracelet. Hey, maybe do it both ways as a set. If you are concerned about how well the snake can hold it together without falling off, you can always look into using a simple necklace or wire that can fasten together with something like a lobster claw. Those are common clasps among most necklace designs.
Source – Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2613314
2. Filigree Heart Pendant KTFHP03 3D Model STL (designed by KTkaRAJ)
The tiny cutouts within this heart-shaped pendant are pretty cool. If you don’t care for so much detail or don’t have the patience, just keep it in solid form as that is also possible.
3. Forest Fairy (designed by SPARKI3D)
This dairy-shaped pendant has the makings to win over a girl’s heart as it holds a little flower in its hand. Fans of fairytales or anything with a romantic flair is sure to appreciate this cute design.
Source – Cults 3D: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/fashion/forest-fairy-necklace
4. Geo-Cube Necklace (designed by burtronix)
Let’s wrap around the neck with linked cubes as it forms a choker-style necklace. How you wish to color it and piece it together is up to you. If you’d rather have something longer than a choker, make more linkable chains.
Source – Printables: https://www.printables.com/en/model/44197-geo-cube-necklace
5. Gummy Bear Necklace (designed by CHANRASP)
No, you can’t eat it. You can try but it probably won’t be as palatable. It’s meant to dangle off your necklace, not go into your mouth.
Source – Cults 3D: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/fashion/gummy-bear-necklace
6. Hexagonal Plastron Necklace (designed by Axig)
Some of the coolest necklaces will have a layout that adorns a good part of the neck’s frontal area. These hexagon shapes, once completed in necklace form, were pressed down by the original creator so they would be more flattering when worn.
Source – Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4280814
7. Mother of God (designed by Harry-Lomano)
For Christians, this is a great pendant idea as Mary, mother of Jesus, holds her infant son that has been designated to be the savior of mankind as the biblical Son of God.
8. Personalized Monkey Zodiac Eastern Necklace (designed by fluiddesigner)
From the Fluid Designer app, desired fonts are placed inside the hearts, along with the Monkey Zodiac symbol, when following the program laid out by the app when designing this possibility as a decorative piece hanging from the chain of your necklace.
Source – Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2189917
9. Pet Necklace – I Love Food (designed by CIFERENZO)
This works great as an ID tag for your pet or as a cute little fashion statement. Mind you, I don’t think it’s just pets that love food.
Source – Cults 3D: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/pet-collar-i-love-food-necklace
10. Skyrim Logo Necklace (designed by Emma_Frch)
Fans of the game, Skyrim, will remember the logo and the dragon. What a cool way to bring this RPG classic to life in pendant form.
Source – Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4382611
11. Spider Necklace (designed by eactron)
Great for Halloween ideas and for people into gothic-related apparel and accessories.
Source – CGTrader: https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/fashion/other/spider-necklace
12. Welded Plate Necklace (designed by Maureen Nemetski)
First by 3D printing, then hammered and welded together to design this choker-style necklace. Hey, the printing is the start. The rest is up to you.
Source – MyMiniFactory: https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-welded-plate-necklace-43683
How to 3D print a necklace
- Choose a 3D printed necklace design that you like. There are many different designs to choose from, so take your time and find one that you really love.
- 2. Once you’ve found the perfect 3D printed necklace design, it’s time to print it out. You’ll need a 3D printer for this, and you can either use an online 3D printing service or buy your own 3D printer.
- 3D printed necklaces are made from a variety of materials, so you’ll need to choose the right one for your design. PLA plastic is a good option for 3D printed necklaces, as it’s strong and durable.
- Once you have your 3D printed necklace, it’s time to assemble it. This is usually a simple process, and most 3D printed necklace designs come with easy-to-follow instructions.
- That’s it! You now have a beautiful 3D printed necklace that you can wear with pride.
3D printed necklaces are all the rage right now. They’re a great way to show your personality and style, and there are so many different designs to choose from.
You can find 3D printed necklaces for any occasion, whether you’re looking for something special for a wedding or just something fun to wear every day.
And the best part is, you can find 3D printed necklaces in a variety of materials, so you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for you.
1. What are 3D printed necklaces?
3D printed necklaces are jewelry pieces that have been designed using a 3D printer. 3D printing technology allows for very intricate designs, making it possible to create unique and stylish necklaces.
2. How are 3D printed necklaces made?
3D printed necklaces are made using a 3D printer. 3D printers work by building up layers of material to create the desired 3D shape.
3. What materials are used to make 3D printed necklaces?
3D printed necklaces can be made from a variety of different materials, including metals, plastics, and even glass.
4. Where can I buy 3D printed necklaces?
3D printed necklaces are available from a number of different retailers, both online and offline. You can also find many 3D printed necklace designs on sites like Shapeways and Thingiverse.
5. How much do 3D printed necklaces cost?
3D printed necklaces can vary in price depending on the design and materials used. However, you can usually expect to pay between $20 and $100 for a 3D printed necklace.