Are you searching for a new wallet but cannot find one you like? If that’s the case, check out these 11 3D printed wallets that can protect your essential documents like IDs, credit/debit cards, and money.
What the wallet printing process looks like
Printing your own 3D wallet is a great way to have a unique and personal item that is also highly practical.
3D wallets are made using a special 3D printer, which allows you to print out any design you want onto the wallet.
This means that you can print out any pattern, image, or design that you want onto your 3D wallet.
3D Printed Wallets
1. Smart wallet
This wallet has room for five cards, coins, notes, keys, and SD cards. It is a less than 14mm thick slim design with a self-locking mechanism and a cool appearance. You can download the design and make your favorable modifications here.
2. Slim credit card wallet
This is a slim wallet for bank cards with a feature for card ejection. It has been made with Prusament filament brand, plastic material, with orange and black colors. It has many customization features which can be found here, together with the downloads of the designs.
3. Minimalist wallet
This design aims to make the wallet small enough to carry on the front pocket. It can be used and assembled in various ways, including using two sides, where cards are put between them, or one side, where the assembly is made using elastic bands to hold money or cards. You can download the design here.
4. Parametric wallet
The design is adjustable to enable you to make modifications. It has a 0.15mm resolution and a 20% infill. The height of the wall is impressively thin. You can download the designs here.
5. JWA 3D wallet
This wallet design is both stylish and handy, good for holding coins, cash, and documents. You might have to sand it if the printer was not very precise or if the printing process was done fast. Its base is divided into three parts, with the lowest being for cash, the middle one for coins, and the upper one for cards and documents. If you want to download the design and have it fit your customization desires, click here.
6. FANTOM wallet
This design is a FANTOM Wallet 1st generation reversal cross-fitted with the actual wallet. Everything has been found to work properly. Geometrical alterations have been done to impart printing suitability. Plastic-printed plates might cause the wallet to be flimsy, so it is better to use other materials.
DXFs of the back and front plates have been added for their laser cutting. Optimization has been done on this design for printing using a 0.4mm nozzle to ensure perfect alignment and ensure the plates fit well. A layer height of 0.1 to 0.2 mm is recommended since this design has dimensions of multiples of 0.2. The designs can be downloaded here.
7. Minimal wallet
This minimalist wallet design is easy to print and it holds with up to 6 cards and money with no problems. The designer has taken it through 6 months of pocket-testing and no problems have been detected. It has even been dropped and still shows no signs of dents or cracks.
It has a keyring loop which has proven to be a very good feature, in addition to others such as its being larger than the Wallet main by 1% and more rigidity due to the band cover’s thickness having been increased to 3mm. You can download the designs here.
8. Flipping minimalist wallet
This is a slim design of a flipping wallet that can hold 6 cards. The left and right parts should be printed vertically and supports should be removed on sites where the links will be found. It is recommended that you print a brim of more than 10mm. Find more instructions and download the designs here.
9. Reinforced slim wallet
This design has been remixed with thicker walls, and it creates a sturdy plastic print. You will not have to worry about the wallet when you put it on your back pocket and sit on it. Grips have also been added to the level and lid to make it easier to use using one hand. The brand of the filament used is the overture, and the color is black. Download printing designs here.
10. IoT wallet
Instead of having to use spreadsheets that require regular updates to keep track of your assets and always be aware of their value, you should go for the IoT wallet. This is a gadget that will check the values of your assets on your behalf.
This project is designed to use the Google Spreadsheet format to track your assets and give you real-time value based on information that it gets from the internet. An OLED display is used to show you the summary. You can download the designs of this project here.
11. Minimalist oval wallet
This design was made to fulfill the desire of having a minimal wallet that is easy to print by using satisfactorily strong material and one that did not demand so much support to make a reliable print. This design has about 3mm in wall thickness all around to offer strength.
It has a holding capacity of 8 to 9 cards and its printing orientation should be done vertically. It is a light design project consuming 20.67 grams of filament. It has its backside open to enable you to scan your cards without taking them out of the wallet. You can download its design here.
How to 3D print a wallet
1. First, you need to find a 3D wallet template that you like. There are many different 3D wallet templates available online, so take your time and find one that you think is cool or unique.
2. Once you have found a 3D wallet template, download it onto your computer.
3. Next, open the 3D wallet template in a 3D modeling program. If you don’t have a 3D modeling program, there are many free ones available online, such as Blender or SketchUp.
4. With the 3D wallet template open in your 3D modeling program, you can now begin to customize it. Add your own images, patterns, or designs to the template to make it your own.
5. Once you are satisfied with your design, save the file and then export it as an .stl file. This is the file type that 3D printers use.
6. Now, you are ready to 3D print your wallet. Connect your 3D printer to your computer and then load the .stl file onto the printer. Make sure to use the correct settings for your 3D printer and material.
7. Now, just sit back and wait for your 3D printer to do its job. In a few minutes, you will have your very own 3D printed wallet.
3D printed wallets are a great way to show off your personality and style. With so many different 3D wallet templates available, you can easily find one that suits your taste. And, since you are the one designing it, you can be sure that no one else will have a wallet like yours.
Types of wallets you can 3D print
There are many different types of 3D printed wallets available. Here are just a few examples:
- Simple wallet: A simple 3D printed wallet is just that, a basic wallet with no frills or extra features.
- RFID blocking wallet: An RFID blocking 3D printed wallet is designed to protect your cards from being scanned by RFID skimmers.
- Minimalist wallet: A minimalist 3D printed wallet is a small, slim wallet that is designed to carry the essentials.
- Bi-fold wallet: A bi-fold 3D printed wallet is a traditional style wallet that folds in half.
- Tri-fold wallet: A tri-fold 3D printed wallet is a wallet that folds in thirds.
- Money clip wallet: A money clip 3D printed wallet is a slim wallet that has a money clip attached to it.
- Cardholder wallet: A cardholder 3D printed wallet is a small wallet that is designed to hold cards and cash.
- Passport wallet: A passport 3D printed wallet is a large wallet that is designed to hold a passport.
- Phone case wallet: A phone case 3D printed wallet is a wallet that also doubles as a phone case.
Whichever type of 3D printed wallet you choose, you can be sure that it will be unique, since you designed it yourself. 3D printed wallets make great gifts (even wedding favors) for family and friends, so don’t hesitate to design one today.
Types of filament to use
Once you have found a 3D printer that is capable of printing with leather, you will need to find the right type of filament. There are many different types of filament available, and not all of them are suitable for 3D printing with leather.
The best type of filament to use for 3D printing with leather is TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane). This type of filament is flexible and durable, making it ideal for 3D printing with leather.
Can you 3D print leather?
3D printing technology has come a long way in recent years, and there are now 3D printers that can print with leather- particularly if you use a leather filament. This means that you can 3D print your own leather wallet if you so choose.
If you want to 3D print your own leather wallet, you will need to find a 3D printer that is capable of printing with leather.
Once you have found a 3D printer that can do this, you will need to find a 3D wallet template that is made for leather. There are many different 3D wallet templates available online, so take your time and find one that you think is cool or unique.