3dPrintingPricecheck.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
3DPrintingPriceCheck is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
- The most reliable enclosed 3D printer, according to this 3D printing community poll (Source) is the Ultimaker S5
- Some 3D printers say you can always build an enclosure for any 3D printer you purchase
- Enclosures improve safety, keeping your fingers protected from moving and hot parts- important if you have children around
- They can also enhance performance by preventing wind and dust from entering while retaining heat
- This reduces print failures and enhances the interlayer adhesion– strength and quality improve as a result
- Enclosures really help when you’re printing high-temperature materials
Are you in the market for an enclosed 3D printer? If so, you may be wondering which one is right for you.
In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of various enclosed 3D printers on the market.
We will also help you decide which one is right for you based on your needs and budget. So, whether you are a hobbyist or a business owner, read on to learn more about choosing an enclosed 3D printer.
The Best Enclosed 3D Printers
1. Ultimaker S5
Ultimaker S5 is an enclosed 3D printer that has a strong reputation for providing excellent quality results. It is ideal for use both in the classroom and the workplace. This is because it operates completely in noise-free conditions and there is no need to worry about dangerous fumes and dust particles.
Ultimaker S5 comes with a full set of add-ons along with its original price tag, so you don’t have to pay anything extra.
The design is simple and intuitive with the enclosed 3D printer having only one working area and a single source of hot-end. This helps to increase the speed of printing, as there are no moving parts to interfere with the printing process.
Furthermore, its footprint is small and therefore it can be easily stored away if necessary.
- It features a small footprint, which can easily be stored away.
- The enclosed 3D printer provides safe and emission-free printing conditions.
- Ultimaker S5 is quite fast and therefore ideal for students, teachers, and office workers to print their school projects.
- It can be set up and run in the classroom.
- It is not the most powerful printer, although it makes up for it with its ease of maintenance and user-friendly interface
2. Lulzbot TAZ 6
The Lulzbot TAZ 6 would be best suited for schools, businesses, and teachers who want to print non-toxic materials such as PLA plastic. Lulzbot TAZ 6 is easy to use both for its smooth filament loading and because of its heated bed, which is compatible with both ABS and PLA filaments.
Lulzbot TAZ 6 has a large heated glass surface of 12.2 x 12.2 inches, which can be easily removed from the machine for maintenance or replacement with ease. It features a dual-extruder setup, making it ideal for creating complex designs that have multiple colors on them.
- It comes with a large heated glass surface, making it easy to replace.
- It has two independently controlled extruders that allow you to create complex print jobs with ease
- It only supports PLA materials and therefore cannot be used to print ABS.
3. Raise3D Pro2
Raise3D Pro2 is a high-quality, enclosed 3D Printer that has a build volume of up to 200 x 200 x 100 mm. It can create any design you want thanks to its easy-to-use software and built-in LCD display.
This printer is ideal for use in the classroom and at business offices because it is quiet when operating and produces excellent quality prints.
- The enclosed 3D printer has an LCD screen, making it easy to connect it to the computer and start printing.
- It has a large build volume that easily accommodates most of your designs. This printer is a perfect choice for large prints and therefore very useful in the classroom.
- Raise3D Pro2 is expensive and works best with PLA filament. It would be ideal to also have it compatible with ABS filament, so you don’t have to replace the filaments depending on which one you are working with.
4. Dremel DigiLab 3D45 3D Printer
Dremel DigiLab 3D45 is an enclosed 3D printer that makes it easy to add more durability and style to your designs. It is ideal for use in the classroom, home or your office due to its quiet operation and excellent build quality.
It comes with an LCD touchscreen, so users can connect it to a PC easily. The enclosed 3D printer has an auto-levelling system, so you can get your prints done with ease. It has a high-quality metal housing and comes with an LCD screen, which makes it easy to use.
- Dremel DigiLab 3D45 has a high build quality and is ideal for use in the classroom.
- It is quiet when operating
- It comes with an LCD screen, making it easier to connect your printer to a PC easily.
- The enclosed 3D printer is quite expensive and therefore may be a bit out of your budget.
5. Creality CR-5 Pro
Creality CR-5 Pro is an enclosed 3D printer that uses PLA plastic and ABS filament and provides the user with quality prints. The design is simple and intuitive, making it easy to use. It comes with a wide range of add-ons and you can get your designing done with ease, as it has an LCD touchscreen display that makes it easy to connect to a computer.
It has two extruders which gives you better versatility when creating your designs. Furthermore, it has two hot-ends so you can print two different objects at the same time. The enclosed 3D printer has a powerful cooling fan that allows you to print at high speeds with ease.
- Creality CR-5 Pro is a quiet 3D printer and is therefore ideal for use in any workplace where you need to create quality 3D designs quickly.
- It comes with a wide variety of add-ons, making it perfect for the classroom and other offices that need to quickly design quality projects.
- It has an LCD screen, so you can connect it to the computer and get your prints done easily.
- The enclosed 3D printer is powerful, so you can get high-quality printing done.
- Creality CR-5 Pro is expensive but delivers excellent results.
6. Flashforge Adventurer 4 3D Printer
Flashforge Adventurer 4 3D printer is an enclosed 3D printer that comes with a large build volume of maximum size 200 x 200 x 174 mm and supports printing with ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA and more. This 3D printer has a very compact design which makes it easy to use both at the office and or in large printing.
Check out some other 3D printed dice sets and accessories!
It delivers excellent results thanks to its primary acrylic cover that provides you with safe and emission-free printing conditions.
- Flashforge Adventurer 4 is a quiet 3D printer, making it ideal for use in the classroom and other public places with ease.
- It has a large build volume that makes it efficient for your designs.I
- t has a wide range of add-ons, making it suitable for use by students and teachers.
- This printer is expensive and would be ideal if it had a larger build volume.
7. Flashforge Creator Pro 2 3D Printer
Flashforge Creator Pro 2 3D printer is an enclosed 3D printer that supports building with PLA and ABS plastic-type materials. It also has a large build volume that makes it ideal for your complex designs.
It comes with a five-year warranty, so you can get replacement parts in case of any issues or damages arising from normal operation. Furthermore, the enclosed 3D printer is very quiet when operating and delivers excellent quality printing results.
- Flashforge Creator Pro 2 is a quiet 3D printer and is therefore ideal for use in the classroom or in any other place where you need to create quality 3D designs quickly.
- It has a large build volume that makes it efficient for your designs.
- It has a five-year warranty, making it suitable for use at home and in the classroom.
- It does not support high temperature
8. Elegoo Saturn 3D Printer
Elegoo Saturn 3D printer is an enclosed 3D printer that comes with a large build volume so that you can create larger objects. It has a library of more than 1000 free designs and tutorials available, which makes it ideal for use by both students and professionals. The enclosed 3D printer is easy to use, thanks to its LCD display and onboard buttons, making it easier to connect it to the computer.
It supports printing with PLA, ABS and more. Furthermore, it has an LCD display, making it easy to use the enclosed 3D printer.
- Elegoo Saturn is a quiet 3D printer and is therefore ideal for use in the classroom or other public places with ease.
- It comes with a large library of designs and tutorials, making it ideal for use by students and teachers.
- It has an LCD screen that makes it easy to connect your computer to the enclosed 3D printer and get your prints done easily.
- It supports printing with PLA, ABS and more.
The enclosed 3D printer is the latest innovation in 3D printing that is taking manufacturing to a whole new level. Enclosed printers are the only way to ensure product quality, safety and peace of mind. All these improvements come at a higher price than traditional 3D printers, but you will definitely get what you pay for.
This innovative technology is designed specifically to produce high-end prototypes and production parts that are finished with less post-processing or finishing required as there's no escape of powders. Thus far, this is the only technology available on the market that is producing these superior results.
Best Enclosed 3D Printers are available in a number of variations and new models are coming out every year. The following review is meant to help you narrow down your choices and find the Enclosed 3D printer which will best fit your requirements.
Why Choose an Enclosed 3D Printer?
1. Safety And Quality Are Equal With Enclosed Printing
With non-enclosed printers, both you and your workplace are exposed to the fumes and dust particles given off by the filament material. Add to this the fact that a large proportion of these printers are not enclosed, and you have a scenario where people can be very exposed to dangerous or toxic fumes.
With an enclosed printer, the user is protected from harmful gases and abrasion-prone material types. The enclosure also inspires confidence with its clean design.
2. Reduce Complexity On The Manufacturing Process
Enclosed 3D printing offers reduced complexity in almost all parts of the manufacturing process from material characterization to process control and quality assurance.
3. Reduce Post-processing Time
The enclosure of these 3D printers ensures that the entire process from one layer of the print to the next is under fewer restrictions and therefore quicker. This means that post-processing time is greatly reduced and therefore these printers are ideal for mass production.
4. Reduce Cost Of Production
This is due to the fact that there is less time, less waste and less material required to produce a single part with an Enclosed 3D printer than with a non-enclosed printer.
5. Reduce Waste Of Materials
Non-enclosed printers produce waste that is contained in the air which is a great risk to both users and the environment. With an Enclosed printer, there are no pollutants thrown into the air and therefore, no risk to anyone.
6. Longer Design Life
To ensure that 3D printers are in good condition, they undergo regular maintenance checks. These printers have to be taken apart and cleaned regularly, especially if you are working with both ABS and PLA materials. Just imagine how much time you would waste taking your printer apart every time you want to print something. The time wasted would have been better spent perfecting your design.
7. Give An Indoor Work Environment
Enclosed 3D printers can be set up and run in a relatively safe environment indoors, with ambient air flows and dust filters. This gives an effective work environment within your home and other protected workspaces or workplaces.
8. Maximize Energy Efficiency
Enclosed 3D printers can be set up and run in a reasonably safe environment indoors, with ambient air flows and dust filters. This gives an effective work environment within your home or other protected workspaces or workplaces.
9. Convenient Printer Maintenance And Options For Repair Services
Enclosed 3D printers are easy to maintain and fix due to the enclosure, which protects the internal parts from dust and debris. The enclosure also makes it easy to reach the internal parts on your printer and therefore, repairing is convenient.
10. The Enclosed 3D Printer Is Ideal For Personal Use
The market is flooded with cheap printers that are either open or semi-open from companies that don't really care about their customers. This results in you being exposed to toxic fumes or having a very cheap 3D printer that gives you poor quality prints. If you want a quality long-lasting printer, then an enclosed one is definitely what you need.
Enclosed 3D printers are the perfect choice for use in the classroom or any other public place, thanks to their quiet operation. However, you should also pay attention to their build quality, maintenance features, and price as well. All of these listed 3D printers are great for use in the classroom or other public places and are therefore worthy of purchasing regardless of their features.